A baby stroller is the most important and desired item for the parents. If you want to go on a walk or do daily chores with baby, a baby stroller is must. The baby stroller will help to carry the baby and keep doing things. It will always help to supervise your baby properly and safely. Moreover, it is comfortable and safe for the baby.
However, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind. Although strollers are safe, you need to ensure some features. If your stroller does not have the features, it may not become comfortable for your baby.
Safety Precautions while using the baby stroller:
You will find many expensive and quality strollers. However, you need to think of safety for your baby. If you choose an eye-catching stroller without any safety measures, it will become useless.
You need to consider sufficient safety measures for your baby. Otherwise, it will become hard to ensure comfort and accidents can occur. For ensuring a smooth and safe walk with baby, you need to know the safety standards.
Top Three Safety Standards for Stroller
In order to maintain safety standard, you need to ensure three features. You should not choose a stroller if any of the feature is not available.
- A Restraint Harness
- Parking Brake
- A Tether Strap
1. Use the Safety Harness
Safety harness is one of the most important feature to use. You may think it is a useless feature in the stroller. However, it is an important feature to prevent the baby from falling.
If your baby is small, it will like to crawl or walk away. As a result, it will surely cause serious accident. When you are not noticing your baby, it can try to walk away.
A safety harness it will help to keep your baby in the stroller. It will always work as a safety guard for your baby. Make sure you are using a padded safety harness for the baby. It will give extra comfort to your baby.
You will get five point harness and three point harness. Better idea is to go with five point harness because it ensures good safety to your baby.
2. Apply parking brake every time
Parking brakes are common feature, again some strollers do not have it. Make sure to check the parking brake quality when choosing a stroller.
Whenever you are leaving a stroller standing, you need to use the brake. It will help to keep the stroller stable for a long time. Otherwise, it can start rolling and cause serious accident.
According to the standard rules, the parking brakes must be in red for more visibility. You need to use the parking brake every time you need the baby. Otherwise, it can cause any accident at any time.
The manufacturer needs to give proper guideline to use and maintain the brake. Also, you need to read and make used to the feature. Using the braking system will always keep the baby safe and comfortable.
3. Always use a Tether Strap
If you are using a jogging or running stroller, you must need to use the tether strap. If you can easily get injury or sweating palm, you can easily lose the control over the stroller. In this case, the strap can help you to get the control.
You will need to use a tether strap whenever you are going out with the stroller. It is effective way to get control over the stroller. You can easily lose the connection over the stroller. However, the strap will give you a quick way to get the control.
You will not get straps for some strollers. Therefore, you will need to buy a strap separately. It is easily to install into your stroller. Just see the guideline and install it.
Additional safety tips
There are many other safety tips that you need to keep in mind. The safety tips are following:
- It is important to use the storage capacity properly. Most of the stroller accident occur due to the overloading the storage capacity. The storage area is for carrying the baby products. However, the parents do not aware about the concept. They are using the handle and basket for shopping items. As a result, it will always makes it unstable and accident occurs.
- You need to be careful when folding a stroller. Many kids do not understand the mechanism. If your baby don’t know it, he or she can easily trap finger into the mechanism. Therefore, it is a safe idea to move the kid away from the stroller.
- Wheel suspension enhance the quality of the stroller. It will always reduce the bumps and ensure smooth ride experience. If you are riding in rough terrains, it is a must for your stroller. Otherwise, your baby will feel uncomfortable and get hurt due to bumps.
- You should never leave your baby alone in the stroller. Always keep eyes on the stroller when you are out. Otherwise, the baby can try to move or walk away. Although the harness will help to keep your baby in the stroller, you should always remain aware.
Stroller will make your task comfortable and easy. But, you need to use it properly so that you can care the baby. If you do not choose the best baby stroller, it can hurt your baby.
Considering the cost and good features are not enough. In fact, you need to give full concentration on the quality and safety. If the stroller does not meet the safety concerns, you need to go for another stroller. Otherwise, you can’t expect safe time spending in the stroller.
Overall, a baby stroller can keep your baby fine and give comfortable place to take nape. You need to think wisely, check the features properly and decide to buy a good stroller. If you go for purchase without any consideration, it can increase the risk. So, give full importance to the safety measures and choose the best stroller for baby.